A great post I found. I will add more as I am thinking about friendship. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
It has been said that friends are the truest treasure. I think that has great truth, unfortunately, there are few that find these treasures in quality & fewer those that find quality & quantity! Having invested in relationships that I thought were good, only to find myself disheartened and betrayed. I have found others that bring life, joy & unconditional love. I have all so discovered some principles in finding and keeping such great relationships:
1. Always initiate, always! If you wait for someone else to invite you, you will be waiting a long time. So be brave, make that call, make that move invitation!
2. Never judge! Friends love unconditionally. They may challenge, but never judge those they care for. You must love unconditionally. A friend doesn’t need you to “Fix” them, just listen to them.
3. Make them a priority! Friends are important, they need to know they are high on your list. All friendships come with sacrifice! If you don’t give up things for your friends, you won’t have any!
4. Always extend grace! You cannot be easily offended. It’s like being married, you don’t quit! Get over it! No one likes to hang out with someone they have to walk on egg shells around.
5. Expect the best! Speak life, hope, joy & a future into your friends! Let them know you believe in them! People always migrate to those that make them feel good about themselves! Build up your friends!In the infamous words of Winston Churchill, “Never, Never, Never quit.” Have you found anything in your life journey with friends you would like to add to the list? reply bellow ↓