as a blogger…hopefully not any other way.
I have not posted in a lot time. I apologize. Here is just few of my crazy mixed up thoughts.
Some random thoughts… in no particular order.
- I am ready to move on! Switchfoot has a new song called “restless” and that is how I find myself some time. It is so hard to move on and let go.
- I am tired of the hurt and pain that being laid off has caused me and my
ministryor family. I wish it was not the first thing I tell people. I so wrestle with who I am when people ask what I do. I am tired of that being one of the things I talk with my few friends about.
- I feel so alone other than my wife in this world. I feel like the friends that I used to have are so busy that they don’t have much time to talk and listen even as I used to drop all my church work to talk them about stuff when things were reversed.
- I am tired of my family living life with a job that causes us to be so stressed over money for gas and food. I am ready for my heart to heal to a point. Part of me wants to get over it and another part wants to be real, open, and raw and continue to walk into the new depth of my relationship with God.
- I believe that need to find some place to serve and that makes me uncomfortable because that means putting myself out there and being vulnerable.
I am thankful for the positive changes that have happened in my life.
- I am in better shape than I was. I have lost about 25lbs and am able to run 3-4 miles with really little effort. I have completed a Duathlon (3.1 mile run, 16 mile bike ride, and 1.9 mile run) in 1 hr 44 mins. I really would like to do a 10k run. I have read about that distance and think that it might be a great distance for me to focus on for running. I am not sure why I have all of a sudden just really liked running and seeing the progress physically and mentally I have made running. Usually I really find some peace biking but I have really craved just getting outside
- I do think I have a better reliance on the Gospel and better confidence on what Christ did for me on the cross I believe that it has changed my walk with God in a drastic way. I find myself much more trusting in the sovereignty of God… instead of me trying to make something happen.
- I do not miss cable TV. I will miss it some during football season, but there really is not much on TV.
- I have enjoyed reading so many interesting and exciting books.
I am not sure what is next for me but I think I will attempt to post more to make sense of my thoughts/ feelings.